Coburg - Rose Gardens
Surveyed by Hoddle in 1837, recording details the first European Settler in Coburg, Mr Hyatt, who had a sheep station on the east bank of the Merri Creek near present Outlook Road.
By 1865 there were shopkeepers, bootmakers, bakers, butchers, saddlers, blacksmiths, a chemist and a draper along Sydney Road, with Coburg becoming a shire in 1875.
The initial plans for establishing a school in Coburg West began in 1912 when the Education Dept. purchased 3 acres of land facing Reynard St at a cost of £10. A public meeting was held in 1914 with a committee being appointed for the construction of the school.
Coburg had only 3 streets - Bell, Munro and Reynard with areas of grazing land and the odd scattered home.
Coburg had seen a lot of housing development from 1917 to 1927, many of them contained large Rose Gardens, making this a pleasant fragrance filling the area in Spring.
Rose Gardens: Richly warm and feminine, a beautiful scent of rose top notes laced with the sweet floral aroma of geranium.
Top: Rosewood, Lemon Peel
Middle: Geranium, Cinnamon Leaf
Base: Rose Petals, Leaf Green
Small - 25hr Burn Time
Medium - 50hr Burn Time
Large - 100hr Burn Time